Friday, January 10, 2014

2014: Anticipated Movies

A ridiculous amount of movies get made each year nowadays.

You may or not know this about me, but I LOVE the art of film. I often stay on top of upcoming projects by the directors and actors I like, follow book adaptions from authors I enjoy, and have fun predicting what movie we're watching a preview for before they get to the title in the theatre. They make so many movies these days that I never get around to seeing more than a handful of what is released each year. Even movies on my "to see" list can go unseen for years. Nevertheless, here is a list of movies I'm anticipating in 2014:

Serena
Divergent
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
X-Men: Days of Future Past
Captain America: The Winter Solider
The Hobbit: There and Back Again
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Exodus
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1
The Fault in Our Stars
Noah
Into the Woods
Dumb and Dumber To
The Giver
Resident Evil 6

These are all contenders for my movie-going allotment for 2014. Many of these will be seen in the theatre and some will not be seen until much later.

There are several other films I know I probably see in the theatre (save a few my family insists on seeing) but may watch later on like The Grand Budapest Hotel, Godzilla, Hercules, RoboCop, Vampire Academy, Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit, I, Frankenstein, How to Train your Dragon 2, Maleficent, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Pompeii, Winter's Tale, Sin City 2, Gone Girl, and Annie.

And this just scratches the surface...there are tons of movies other people are probably really looking forward to that I have no desire to see (ranging from Left Behind to 22 Jump Street).

No comments:

Post a Comment